Top 5 facts
- HeroRATs like Ikemba require an average of nine months of initial training
- More than 88,000 people in Angola are living with a disability caused by landmines
- Ikemba and the HeroRATs are at least as accurate as any other mine detection method, and much faster.
- Ikemba can search a 200 square meter minefield in 20 minutes. This would take a technician with a metal detector between one and four days.
- Before being deployed on minefields, HeroRATs like Ikemba are accredited by national authorities using an internationally recognized testing framework.