Digital Marketing manager
APOPO is looking for a digital marketing guru who wants to make a difference!
Have you ever heard about an award-winning rat?
APOPO’s HeroRAT Magawa won the PDSA Gold Medal in 2020 by discovering 109 landmines and helping to save many lives! Magawa’s award received an immense amount of media coverage, attention on social media, and an increase in HeroRAT adoptions. Magawa is not an anomaly. APOPO and the HeroRATs have been covered by many prominent media outlets, including with Nick Kristof on the front page of the NY Times, the PBS News Hour, on the BBC news website and many more!
APOPO is looking for a digital marketing guru who can take advantage of our unique brand, media appeal and engaged online audiences. You have strong leadership skills, are passionate about increasing online donations and creative communication and you want to make a difference? Read on and apply!
You enjoy learning about technical innovation and humanitarian work and then communicating about them in a simple way that engages the public. Your extensive knowledge of digital marketing strategies will result in increased brand awareness and fundraising. You have experience leading and engaging communications and customer/donor support team members to execute a successful digital marketing strategy.
- Strategic vision
- A proven track record in developing and executing digital marketing strategies
- A passion for keeping up to date and testing the newest digital marketing strategies and trends
- A great understanding of US and European audiences
- Experience in coordinating digital marketing strategies with the communication team, donor/customer support and other organizational departments
- Digital marketing skills
- Thorough knowledge of digital fundraising (best practices, techniques, trends, and tools), and of monitoring tools and software
- Experience measuring and reporting on performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Experience driving individuals towards recurring monthly and annual donations/subscriptions (APOPO’s HeroRAT adoption is its most lucrative fundraising offering)
- Creative content development skills
- A creative mind and excellent English copywriting skills
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
And last but not least...
- you have a passion for effective and innovative humanitarian work and animals
- you have a strong and relevant network in the marketing / humanitarian sector
- you’re an enthusiastic self-driven professional, and
- you’re a team player.
- An attractive remuneration with opportunity for performance-based increase
- Substantial digital marketing budgets
- Flexibility in working location and hours
- Possibility of mission trips to learn about and be inspired by APOPO’s projects
You’ve got what it takes? Persuade us.
Complete the form and upload your CV, motivation letter and work example and 2 references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
APOPO was founded in response to growing awareness that landmines kill and maim people and hamper development in post-conflict areas. Methods to rid affected countries of landmines were slow so a small team in Belgium founded APOPO to develop a fast, simple and cost-efficient mine clearance technology that could be sustained within national mine action programs in low-income countries. APOPO developed a unique method using trained rats. Over 20 years later, APOPO is a global leader in scent detection animals, including both trained rats (HeroRats), and the first ever free running, long range Mine Detection Dogs (HeroDogs).
As a research organization, APOPO is always at the forefront in developing new humanitarian and environmental scent detection applications. Our core operational activities are in the fields of mine action and tuberculosis (TB) control.
The main training and research center is based at the Sokoine University of Agriculture in Tanzania. APOPO has Mine Action operations in Cambodia, Zimbabwe, Angola and Mozambique; and TB-research laboratories in Tanzania, Mozambique, and Ethiopia where trained rats work in combination with confirmatory technology to stop TB. APOPO is supported by a large international network of diverse partners and donors as well as the general public, and has foundations in Switzerland, the United States, and is in the process of setting up a U.K. charity.
APOPO is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status or citizenship status.
To apply click below
Thank you for your interest in APOPO!