Public Fundraising Officer
Are you an experienced in public fundraising and want to make a difference?
We are looking for an enthusiastic fundraiser for our international team. A great storyteller with a passion for data and a head for numbers. With some marketing experience, ideally across digital and print channels. A team player who is comfortable working with colleagues in the Marketing team to achieve good results. Someone who will enjoy sharing the inspirational stories of the people we support with a range of audiences, and be happy to talk to supporters about our work.
The position is home based with the possibility for travel opportunities depending on budget, operational and training needs.
You will be reporting to APOPO's Public Fundraising Manager.
This role is responsible for championing public fundraising (individual and legacy giving) and delivering our programme using a range of products and channels. You will need to maximize spontaneous and recurring donations and increase donor engagement by recruiting new supporters and keeping existing supporters.
- > 2 years of experience in fundraising in the non-profit sector
- > 2 years of experience in digital marketing with a proven track record of success including creating and managing digital campaigns
- Experience in copywriting
- Experience in graphic design
- Experience with Mailchimp or similar email sending platform is a plus
- Experience with Wordpress or a similar CMS is a plus
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Understanding of online and community fundraising techniques
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent numerical skills
- Experience of working within budgets and reaching targets
- Ability to analyze and interpret digital results and translate this analysis into action
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Experience working for an NGO desired, but not required
- Manage our campaigns on partner platforms
- Help schedule and write emails
- Help strategize and plan campaigns
- Manage the inventory and sales in our online stores
- Coordinate with donor support and our communications team to ensure that donors receive the best experience possible
- Coordinate with the field teams to send monthly updates on the status of our programs to our donors
APOPO is an award-winning global non-profit organization that applies animal scent detection technology to address global social issues, training HeroRATs and HeroDOGs to sniff out landmines and tuberculosis (TB). We’ve recently been featured in publications like the New York Times.
Closing date: November 29, 2020
Start date: asap
If you would like to be part of a small but effective international marketing team helping us make a difference, please send us your CV and a cover letter, no later than November 29, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply click below
Thank you for your interest in APOPO!